Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion - Game Review

Just finished my first game in Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion - first beta.

For those that are not familiar with the series, it involves various players (AI or multiplayer) starting with a single planet and expanding their empire by fighting other players, making alliances, etc. As usual in this type of game, research and acquiring resources are very important. And unlike most other games, you can have rather massive battles.

Please note that this version is still a beta. Also, I am not a reviewer - I am just playing and sharing my experience with the game. I'm not going out of my way at all to try everything in the game.

First of all, it is pretty much the same game as previous Sins. It is still a relatively slow game - that can be bad or good, as each game can easily take several hours and have an epic feel in the end.

I hear there are graphic improvements. Frankly, I couldn't tell any difference. But it has been a while from my last Sins game.

One of the big Rebellion features are new massive ships called Titans. I did build a Titan after a little time (I hear people are complaining that it is too easy. I agree). The Titan was quite devastating and was the equivalent of several capital ships.

Overall, seems nice, and a clear evolution on the previous games. Very much worth it for fans of the series, and also worth looking for fans of the genre (space RTS).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review