Rayman Origins - PC - Game Review

I have to say that while I do know that Rayman is an existing franchise, I don't recall ever playing one of them. I didn't really expect to like it when I tried the demo.

Rayman Origins is a platformer, where you must run, jump and attack, mostly the exact same enemy. It reminds me of Sonic - which I also mostly didn't play.

Graphics are particularly beautiful, especially the water. Sounds are mostly annoying.

I didn't enjoy the gameplay - it feels silly and repetitive to me. Also, it is interesting to keep in mind that it is an Ubisoft game - which usually means awful
DRM. Whenever I see an Ubisoft game these days, my immediate reaction is to stay away from it.

Comments

Velocity Eleven said…
I am confused, how is the game repetitive? you get many different levels that incorporate different play styles... I especially like the wind levels
Unknown said…
So this is a review of a demo? That explains everything. What a joke. Plus the game will be DRM free. I received my review copy last week and I can confirm that it is DRM free.
STG said…
Yep. I like reviewing demos, because in a couple of years when it is on sale for a few bucks, I'll know how I felt about it (of course that is more useful for the minor indie titles).

An Ubisoft game without DRM? I'll believe it when I see it. If true, that would be great news.

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review