Gratuitous Tank Battles - PC Game Review

Gratuitous Tank Battles (GTB) is an interesting take on the Tower Defense (TD) genre.

Before anything else, please note that it is still in beta.

GTB has some interesting changes from the norm - you can play both defense and offense. You can also play against yourself - a recorded version of your attack, that is.

There are plenty of units (I'd say it is probably too many), and like their other well known product, Gratuitous Space Battles (which I personally didn't like), you have an enormous amount of customizations available when building each unit.

Graphics are nice, specially weapon effects glows.

So far I didn't really enjoy the gameplay. I only played for a bit, because at the end of the first level it wasn't able to send the information, and thus I couldn't continue. That is an interesting way to handle it, to say the least.

When I tried to alt-tab I got black screens on all monitors and had to reset my computer - I can't remember the last time that happened. I'll presume that the guilt was Comodo's for now, though.

I'll update this post as I play more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review