The Immortality Code - Book Review

The Immortality Code, by Douglas E. Richards, is a SF thriller.

I've read many books by the author, and as far as I can remember, I liked all of them.

This one is mostly about a scientist who posts a breakthrough in quantum computers, and the operative who is sent to protect her.

I really liked the beginning of the book. The tech was pretty reasonable and the action was nice. Further on, the tech escalated quickly, and the dialog started being a bit annoying.

One the twists (the memory related one) was pretty obvious from the first page.

The end scenario was nice, and reminds me of The Expanse for obvious reasons. It also reminded me of Neal Asher, as he heavily uses the extra-dimensional extrusion thing in the Polity series.

As usual, there is a large section on the back of the book with comments, on the choices made in the story as well the current state of the technology mentioned, which I really like. A bit weaker this time since the tech was so beyond what is known.

Overall, good, but not the author's best. It does have a nice bonus that it was on kindle unlimited here, so no extra cost for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review