Kinect Sports Review

I've recently got a XBOX360 and Kinect, and so far this is the game I've liked the most.

It has a few sports and minigames.
Soccer: The system is quite clever - you don't really play soccer per se, but get a bunch of semi turn based situations that are a lot like soccer. For example, you can intercept passes, kick the ball, try to defend goals. It is pretty fun.

Volleyball: pretty good too. You mostly have to touch the balls as they come in, as well as jump for the shots over the net.

Track & Field: not so much fun, and a bit hard on my knees. I have to run with knees really high for it to work properly.

Bowling: I didn't really like this one. Probably the control system is annoying me.

Table Tennis: pretty fun. I really played a lot of the real thing as a kid, and this version is nice. Of course, you just need to contact the ball, but at least you can put a spin on it.

Boxing: nice. It is not as therapeutic as putting on gloves and hitting a dummy, but I can feel a similar effect.

Every sport also has a few mini games. For example, Volley has one where you have to dodge objects thrown at you, and another where you have to hit fruits and dodge bombs.

Overall, I really liked Kinect Sports, and it does work well as fun, light exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review