The Sharp End - David Drake - Book Review

The Sharp End came on a Webscription.net bundle. I didn't think much of it, but I put it in my smartphone, along with the others.

After finishing the last book (The Tau Ceti Agenda), I picked it out of the list.

I was quite surprised by how good it was. I'm a bit of a fan of military SF, and I read several of David Drake's books before. This one focus on a small group of infantry - a survey group for a mercenary outfit.

It starts with the backgrounds on how each of the soldiers got out of their last assignments - usually in some impressive battle. Then it goes to the actual survey work, where they are trying to get a contract with either of opposing, low-level, drug syndicates on a backwater planet. But things don't go that way...

The book was pretty good. The end felt a little forced, but it did get set-up to a reasonable level in advance.

Very recommended for fans of military SF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review