Serious Sam Double D PC Review


Vuvuzela monsters attacking, 6 guns stacked
Serious Sam Double D is a 2D plataform shooter, based on the old Serious Sam franchise.

Personally, I've never been a fan of the series, but this little shooter title is fun.

The coolest feature on the game is the gun stacking system. You collect guns while you play, and also special connectors. Then you can stack up to 6 guns.

It is a silly proposition (and looks bizarre in action), but it is fun to shoot the whole bunch of guns at once.

And it is also very useful, because the bizarre enemies sure do teleport in large numbers. A interesting twist is that as those enemies die, their bodies collect on the floor. And the massive numbers can be used to cross spike pits or reach higher places.

The graphics and music are acceptable, but definitely not nice. My only real complaint is unfortunately common - the mouse cursor isn't locked to the screen, which means that you can easily click out of the game if you have multiple monitors.

Recommended - Serious Sam Double D is fun enough for its price.

Comments

Joel said…
Thanks for the review. It is short and concise. Because If I read a paragraph and it is quite bored. I skipped to the end to know the score or if it is recommendable or not. I don't have problems with 8 dollar for this game but you didn't mention if the game is short or long.
STG said…
To be honest, I don't know. I only eventually get to play games to the end - there is always something new to play or actual work to do.

I'm not a professional game reviewer, so unless I mentioned something about the end of the game or how long/short it is, it is very likely that I stopped way before the end.
Joel said…
Thanks, I play a little different, I try to finish every game that I bought. Sometimes, It is quite hard to do (because the game is so bored or I play something new that it is better). The huge problem with it. It is that you don't play recently released games.

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review