Half-life 2

...and the other reason was Half-life 2. Yes, I hate their delivery system and activation in general (but I'm still thinking whether to use it on my own software or not), but all in all, this is an awesome game. The *LOADING* time is very annoying, but the gravity gun and the neat physics system and the puzzles make it well worth the time spent.

Far Cry still beats it on outside views such as jungles and water (and by a lot!), but other than that, HL2 is probably the best FPS shooter ever done.

I also like the fact that it must be one of the first major titles to be distributed through the net at launch. I got a few games from Stardock's Totalgaming.net , but they are not anywhere in the same league as HL2. I still would rather have a download system that is less intrusive, like Stardock's, but I guess you can't have everything...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review