Echo Dot vs Echo Show 8

I already had an Echo Show 8 for a few months (old model), and when I saw an Echo Dot (3rd gen) on sale, I decided to get one.

Just now I tested both for my biggest use - listening to music.

I was quite surprised about how close the 1/4 price, tiny Echo Dot was to the Echo Show. Yes, the biggest one does have a bigger bass and is louder, but I certainly wouldn't choose one over the other just for that at 4 times the price!

Commands seem to fail slightly more frequently on the Dot, and it doesn't have the camera (useless where it is, but could be useful on another place).

The screen is cool, but I don't use it enough for the difference.

Overall, right now I would just get the Dot. The Echo Show is cooler in a number of ways, but unless you plan to use the screen to actually watch something (and then you will get into limitations about the apps), it doesn't seem worth the difference. It also takes a whole lot more space.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review