Light Chaser - Book Review

When I saw a new SF book by Peter F. Hamilton (also by Gareth L. Powell, but I didn't know him), I got it immediately, as he is one of my favorite authors.

Light Chaser doesn't take place in one of his universes, but on the domain, where a bunch of human planets live in serious stability - which turns out is for reason. 

Our main protagonist is a light chaser - someone who goes on 1000 year circuits (they don't have FTL propulsion) around worlds exchanging the use of memory collars - entertainment for the higher-level worlds -  for various goods in an AI run ship. But everything changes when someone starts showing in several memory collars, in different planets... Which was supposed to be impossible.

I thought it was funny that this book had resurrections and such, but then I remembered the Night Dawn trilogy, which had some aspects like that, too.

Overall, strongly recommended. My only complaint is that it was pretty short.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review