Off Armageddon Reef - Book Review

I had Off Armageddon Reef, by David Weber for a while, but decided to read it (or re-read it - I know I read parts of it before, not sure if got to the end) because I heard that the 10th book in the series was released.

The story base is nice - human kind was interstellar, but aliens hunted each planet down and destroyed it. Humanity escapes with enough to make a colony, but tries to do it with low tech because the aliens located other colonies, presumably through tech emissions.

One android with a human download survived the crazy church that was established by the colony leaders, and she will have to lead humanity to liberate itself from the church and eventually beat the aliens.

Of course, most of the novel is not SF - it takes place in the world where yes, there is an android messing with things, but the tech has to be pretty low. So substantial portions are just conspiracies and politics (which is a common David Weber thing, if you've read the Honor series). There is a lot less action and SF than I would like.

Overall, however, I liked the story, and I would really like to see where it goes, so I will keep reading the series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review