Kindle Paperwhite 7th generation - Review



Got a new Kindle Paperwhite to replace my older 3rd generation one (still had a keyboard, battery failed after 8 years - can't complain!).

I like the touch screen. It was weird not having the buttons to switch pages, but just for the first hour or so. After that, if you like highlighting passages (I really do - and I'm even worse in technical books), it is WAY better than the old way with the cursor.

Page changes are much faster, although pretty slow compared to the Kindle on an iPad or Android phone.

The 4-led screen is a bit irregular around the bottom, but I didn't want to spend more because there is nowhere to repair these here - AFAIK after the warranty you are on your own.

As in the old Kindle, reading it is much easier in the eyes than devices with normal screens. It is also nicer to hold, I even like the texture.

Pretty good so far. Battery duration still remains to be seen... I'll update the review then.

Update 21/May/2018 - Two weeks with minimum light, still OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review