You're Never Weird on the Internet - Book Review

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir - by Felicia Day - is a book her upbringing, work and production company.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of her work. I liked her appearances on Buffy, Supernatural and Eureka, but I'm not a fan of The Guild (I watched just a couple of episodes) or anything by her own production company (maybe the Dragon Age videos). Still, the reviews were pretty good, so I went along and bought it on release day.

I'm glad I did, it was fairly entertaining, specially the old reminiscing on old tech - I too had a Geocities page!

I felt a little tense about the parts about her depression and other problems, but there were plenty of LOL moments. And the whole Gamergate thing is just crazy.

Most notable quote on the book: "...don't study!". There was some more text on the line, but I feel that was the most relevant part. :-)

Overall, fun, with some dramatic moments and a somewhat uplifting finish, but I imagine it would be even better if you are a big fan.

PS: Amazon says "Customers who bought this item also bought" Armada? I guess that makes sense...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review