Annoyances.org - Change the icon for Internet Shortcuts

Annoyances.org - Change the icon for Internet Shortcuts

Today I decided to switch my default browser to Mozilla, in particular because of "the middle-click opens the link in a tab, on the background" option, which I use a lot. There are a couple of other neat things too, like easily blocking images from a server with just a context-menu option.

Anyway, the Mozilla icon is just awful, and suddenly all the URL shortcuts I dropped in my desktop were an annoying Mozilla red instead of the much nicer IE icon.

Took me a while to figure it out (by using the linked page) since the normal way won't work without a registry hack, but it's ok now.

I was just about switching the default back to IE... Yes, it was easily that annoying...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review