Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - PC Game Review

I bought and downloaded Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit quite a while ago, but only got around to playing it a few days ago.

I have to say that it is much better than I expected. I really like the graphics and the selection of cars (which look very good). There are some interesting gameplay mechanics - such as the shortcuts and the (quite common) stuff you have to do to get nitro, such as slipstreaming, near colisions, etc. The driving is fine and you can really see the drift difference on wet pavement. I also liked the touch of controller vibration when you get off the road.

The cop line of the game is what I like most. Hitting the other cars is fun, and the weapons you get (such as spike traps, roadblocks or an EMP gun) are useful without being too powerful.

I have been playing with a XBox controller, and it works well, but I can't help but feel that the analog stick doesn't have as much resolution as I'd like. Maybe it is because I don't have much practice with the controller, but it is harder to keep the same level of wheel turn on curves. I might end getting a wheel after all...

Overall, strongly recommended for driving game fans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review