LASW - Land Air Sea Warfare - PC Game Review

LASW - Land Air Sea Warfare is a RTS game that seems to specialize in massive battles.

The tutorial is almost good enough, and graphics and sound are acceptable. I played for quite a while and the music didn't bother me at all - it just seemed repetitive at first.

Most things are common - the base, factories, defenses, tech levels you can upgrade, etc.

One very different thing is that there are minerals spread on the map which allow you to build special, massive units when you mine them.

There are a few things I really didn't like, mostly where it differs from convention:

- no cursor stop for the screen. On a multiple monitor setup, this is VERY annoying.
- you use left click to select, move, and attack. The result, of course, is that you will try to select a moving unit only to move another you didn't deselect first
- you can build anywhere an unit can see. I can only imagine what kind of crazy battles that causes in multiplayer, but even against the computer, you will usually find small bases everywhere.
- base defenses are quite overpowered against most units. This can be bad or god, depending on your viewpoint.
- bases are not vital. I have no idea how you can stop an enemy from building.

There are a few aspects I really like - my favorite is that you can zoom out and get a very symbolic map where you can easily see everything that is going on.

Overall, I like it, although I don't think I really got the hang of it yet. Recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review