Solved - VMWare suspend slows down computer

For several months now, I've had a problem where suspending a development VM in VMWare Workstation 8 slows the computer down dramatically for 10-15 minutes.

I found that specially surprising because I have 12GB of RAM in this particular computer, and it is a 3.5GB VM, so there were no memory problems.

As you can imagine, that was quite disruptive, but till today I didn't find a solution that worked.

Luckily my search today led me to the following, simple solution. Just add the following lines to your VMX file:


mainMem.useNamedFile = "FALSE"

prefvmx.useRecommendedLockedMemSize = "TRUE"

prefvmx.minVmMemPct = "100"

This seemed to fix my problem.

Comments

Unknown said…
I think you should've add a link to your StackOverflow question, this way asnwerers gain points as well.
STG said…
I never asked any questions on StackOverflow...

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review