Fixed - VMWare Workstation Network fails after installing VirtualBox

I recently installed VirtualBox (because of a class).

Suddenly when I started VMWare, the network connection didn't work anymore. After installing, uninstalling and installing VMWare tools (which always seems to hang at the end of a install, which definitely DIDN'T help), I did a search for conflicts on the web and figured out the problem (and solution).

Just go to VMWare, Edit, Virtual Network Editor. Check which External connection your Bridged networks are using. In my case, it was on automatic. Just switching from Automatic to my PCI controller solved the problem.

Pretty lucky, too, because I was about to upgrade VMWare...

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks a lot my friend, that fix work brilliant on my VMWare 10 windows 7 machine.

In fact, the problem is presented after installed virtualbox...maybe its because vbox install a new interface on the host.

Thanks again.

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review