Don’t Lose Users on the First Screen!

Some interesting tips on this article.

One I particularly agree with is watermarking output. I've gotten several times the purchase/download rates when I added it to my folder print application - on the main print and titles of reports - and my thumbnail/album/slide show generator - on both thumbnails and html.

One other point I need to think about is about adding samples on start. It was easy to do on Clipfast (just add a few clips) and STG Cache Audit - just do a scan, it's fast enough.

But I'm not sure what the best way would be for STG FolderPrint Plus or STGThumb. Scanning the whole drive is a serious no-no - it could take hours for larger drives with millions of files. Even scanning the My Documents folder could take a while.

For STGThumb I have a similar problem. I guess I could add a sample folder and scan that, but I don't see it as that helpful. One other option would be scanning the My Pictures folder, but I wonder how many actually use it as storage. And large folders can also take a while with the extra information...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review