GRIP - PC Game Review

GRIP - Battle Racing is a PC (you guessed it) battle racing game.

I got it on Twitch Prime, otherwise it is doubtful if I would buy it.

I like the premise and I have fond memories of many racing games with battle elements - particularly Death Track, from 1989.

What I do like about GRIP is the graphics and the clever use of levels where you can ride around tubes and on ceilings.

The weapons seem a bit too simple - maybe from the transition to controllers from keyboards? I remembering having a bunch of weapons on Death Track - including many that could attack cars behind you, such as mines, caltrops or oil slicks.

Also, I'd like to be able to see behind and in front at the same time. Funnily enough, this was common back in the 90s, but I rarely see it anymore on racing games...

As seems to be necessary for all racing games, it is best to use a controller. I haven't used a controller in years, but I had to connect one to play GRIP, as it feels much better using one.

Overall, pretty enjoyable so far. But progression feels a little too limited, and I really would like more weapons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review