Trackmania 2: Canyon - PC Game Review

Trackmania 2: Canyon is an unusual racing game. The original trackmania revolved around insane tracks (with loops, jumps, etc) and user-made tracks.

Trackmania 2: Canyon is mostly about racing to other people records or medal times. Your only company is the ghost cars running beside you (or inside - there are no car collisions). You also run against your best try on that track.

Graphics are just OK, music is acceptable. Controller support is OK, albeit a bit weird - you can't always control the UI between the runs, and have to use the mouse for that. Seems a bit silly.

It is an Ubisoft game (I just realized this after buying it, otherwise I probably would have skipped it). Surprisingly, I didn't have any major problems running the game - just a retry on account creation, with just an error message throwing me to the start of the process (keeping all I entered). I wonder why would you do that, instead of just having Retry/back buttons?

Just lack of attention to details, I guess.

I didn't like the gameplay much. The crazy element is mildly there (although a track where you have to be at the right speed for a jump - not too fast or too slow is not crazy, it is just annoying). The ghost cars feel a bit annoying to me. The damage model is sometimes off for bad crashes. And I found the constant car crashes after the finish line to be jarring.

Overall, not recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review