Dishonored - PC Game Review

Dishonored is a stealth FPS, with a steampunk universe and plenty of magic mixed in.

In the game, you are a bodyguard to the empress, who is turned into a stealthy assassin when you are framed for her murder.

Graphics are pretty good, and overall I really like the stealth system (a little too simple compared to the old light meters, though). Movement is great and there are plenty of roof and pipes if you want to go that way.

You have a number of powers available, which can be bought using runes. The first one you get allows you to teleport between short distances, which is great on a stealth game. There are upgrades for health, stealth, etc too.

You have quite a few weapon upgrades, too, which you buy with coins and other rare objects you find in the world.

There are plenty of ways to kill your enemies or sneak by them, and the game allows to you to go either way. I think the stealth option is usually way more fun, though (although a bit harder). You can also just knock opponents unconscious, and drag either these or your dead enemies away to hide them.

One of the later available powers also makes them turn to ash automatically.

Another cool move is drop kills - just drop on someone and left-click just before following to kill them instantly.

Quick saves and loads take only a few seconds. I particularly love this because you can experiment with a number of different approaches without worrying about wasting your time and starting a level again.

Also notable is the sandbox approach during most levels. You can spend time exploring and getting extra runes and coins, or just go straight to the objective (I prefer exploring, myself).

Overall, one of the best games I played in quite a long time. Strongly recommended.

Update: Finished the game - about 19 hours. Pretty good, although I found the last level way too easy.  I have added a few screenshots, specially the ones that show how the various powers work.

There is already DLC out for the game. I bought it as soon as I finished, and I'll post my review when I have a chance to play it.


Power: Blink

The Heart

Power: Dark Vision



Bone Charms

Springrazor

Power: Windblast

Power: Devouring Swarm

Power: Possession

Power: Bend Time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review