Tribes: Ascend PC Game "Review"

I really liked a few of the older single-player Tribes games. The jetpacks and skying made it different from most cookie-cutter games, and allowed for quick, fun moving around.

While I'm really not a fan of most multiplayer games, I tried Tribes: Ascend as soon as I could. After a mildly annoying installation with way more prompts than necessary, I got started.

The graphics in the tutorials are disappointing. They are probably a little better than the last Tribes:Vengeance - a 2004 game. After a little while feeling like I'm playing a several years old game, something threw me out of the game to the desktop (didn't seem like any of the usual culprits, either - maybe it was the game itself, maybe not).

When I returned, the game managed to freak out in a spectacular manner (too bad I forgot to get screenshots) - I was throw inside a mountain, from which I managed to leave with the jetpack. However, the level geometry was completely messed out, with terrain popping apparently from the middle of nowhere. A personal first for a desktop/game flip (while I had all kind of lockups doing this in the past, it is much less common these days and I can't remember ever seeing a level geometry problem).

At this point I just uninstalled the game. Reviews seem to think it is great, so it is probably just me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review