Max Payne 3 - PC Game Review

Max Payne 1 and 2 were great, and I played through them more than once. They did have some annoying, extensive storytelling stops, but it also had bullet time, which more than made up for it.

Max Payne 3 puts the annoying stop for mostly pointless story telling ranting to a new level. It is common to stop for a few minutes for general ranting for Max, as well as slowly moving the story along.

It has been a few years since I last played it, but I remember the gameplay on 1 and 2 as being much better. It is not that bad, but I am not a fan of the outside view - I much prefer FPS. Of course, once you have a cover system, you either have to keep flipping the view from FPS to outside or just have an outside view all the time.

It is certainly unusual to have dialogue in portuguese in a game. I've lived in São Paulo most of my life, and the accent is sometimes clearly off, but nothing major. Still a bit annoying.

The game also has rail sequences - so far only one on a helicopter with a rifle above rooftops - that were actually nice.

I'll update this as I play more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review