Heat Rises - Book Review


Heat Rises by Richard Castle (well, not really as he is a fictional character) is the third novel on the Nikki Heat series.

The series is a tie-in with the TV series Castle. While I'm not traditionally much of a fan of mysteries, all books in the series have been good so far, and the tie-in aspects really add to my enjoyment of the books.

This one is no exception. I did feel that the story on this one was more complicated, and I have to say that I never imagined who was the culprit - but I think it used the traditional Agatha Christie system of not giving up all elements that the detective has to the reader.

Nice references to the show (in particular the dedication to the captain, killed in the TV series). I really liked the tiny reference to Malcolm Reynolds - the main Firefly character which was played by Nathan Fillion, the actor who plays Richard Castle.

Very nice, recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review