Duke Nukem Forever Demo Review

I played Duke Nukem 3D (and the 2D games before it) back when they were brand new.

It was the gold standard in FPS for a while. So everybody was pretty excited about a new release. That is, before the years passed and it became a standard joke... Of course, having Forever in the title was pretty much begging for it.

Not to mention the horrible stories of bad planning, and constantly switching from one game engine to another (instead of just getting a simple, nice game out).

And now, even after being cancelled, it is out. Every review I've seen says that it is just like the old Duke in new graphics - outdated gameplay and humor. I lost interest pretty fast.

But when the demo came out, I just had to see it myself.

Having played it, I have to admit that there is some point to all these complaints. It feels like old style gameplay, and not in the pleasant sense. The old humor is a bit grating, although I still like it.

But it is still somewhat playable, even if it is not good or clever by today's standards.

And I'm too curious to let it pass completely, but there is no way I'm paying launch price for this. I have no doubt that soon enough it will be on sale...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review