DPLAY.DLL and Windows 7

I've recently tried to play Master of Orion II for the first time in my Windows 7 64-bit computer.

I got an error message complaining that it couldn't find DPLAY.DLL .

Looking around the net, I found the suggestion that you could copy DPLAYX.DLL from Windows\System32 directory into DPLAY.DLL.

While doing so on System32 didn't work, copying it to the MOO2 folder did work.

However, in the end I tried the version I got from Impulse some time ago. It uses DOSBox and looks a whole lot better than the old 95 version did (which had bad palette issues).

So if MOO2 doesn't look right, I recommend getting it at GOG.com or Impulse. It's cheap enough (US$6 for MOO1+2 on GOG).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review