VMWare - VCPU 0 RunVM failed: -2 - Solved

I just got an interesting error:
VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)
VCPU 0 RunVM failed: -2.

Pretty scary. There was a single reference on the search page that was useful - apparently VMware Workstation and VirtualPC (running here in the form of Windows 7 XP Mode) don't like to run at the same time!

I did have to restart the computer, but after that everything worked fine.

A very nasty scare, though. I'll be sure to try and keep better backups of my VMs for a while...

Update: I've been told that the problem doesn't happen if you turn off Hardware Virtualization in the VMs options. I was unable to find this option on the Windows 7 XP Mode version of Virtual PC, however.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review