Fatal Memory Error in WordPress 3.1.1 (and newer) upgrade


WPMU DEV - The WordPress Experts


I've been getting a Fatal Memory Error when trying to upgrade WordPress to 3.1.1 on my Linux Install.

One thing that I really liked about the Linux install (as opposed to the install on my main site is that upgrade meant just a click - on the main install I have to download the ZIP file, unpack it, and either send everything again or read the list of what was changed and send those files.

There was a simple solution though - going to PHP.INI and just increasing the memory using this line (it was set to 32MB before)

memory_limit = 64M;

You can see other ways if that doesn't work (you may not have access to PHP.ini) in this article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review