Revenge of the Titans - Review

I had played and bought Titan Attacks - a wonderful Space Invaders style shooter, with great retro graphics and neat physics - quite a while ago. So I was on Puppy Games list and got the pre-release demo of Revenge of the Titans.

It was an incredibly annoying RTS (some might say tower defense game). You had to click on your refineries to collect cash. You had to click on your guns to reload.

I honestly thought I was doing a re-review here, till I noticed I didn't ever review that version.

I just forgot about it till it was included in the new Humble Indie Bundle. I bought the bundle, and didn't even bother to download it. That is, until I got a message mentioning that the new version completely removed all the clicky mechanics I hated...

Then I downloaded it (and a few extra releases - they had several in the last couple of months), just to check out how it played now. And turns out I really like it.

It always had a fun retro style I liked, but with the changes in reloading and the refineries, it's a much more enjoyable game. There are a whole bunch of structures that actually have some strategy on use, as well as a large tech tree.

It also has an interesting button - if you are getting killed on a particular level, you just have the game recreate the level on an easier difficulty. I used that a lot...

Well recommended to RTS and tower defense games fans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review