The Gabble - Neal Asher - Review

The Gabble - by Neal Asher - is a short stories collection of his Polity universe.

The Polity universe has a lot of cool tech - implants, AIs that rule the worlds, bots - inhabited by AI or human memories, portals, etc. It also has a lot of cool aliens and well thought out worlds, too.

That's a big part of what made this book pretty good. One thing that made it much less cool to me is that many of the stories had been published on Analog or Asimov, so I've read them before.

There are many memorable stories here, so it was worth the reread, too.

The Kindle version has a few extras - some articles about his work, and an encyclopedia of the Polity, which was quite interesting and made me want to read the rest of the books.

Just as I'm writing this entry, I went to Amazon and noticed that a lot of his book are available for Kindle! So I'll probably be posting many more entries about his books...

Comments

STG said…
Thanks for dropping by!

BTW, I'm now reading Gridlinked, it's pretty good so far!

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review