Comodo Internet Security 4

I use CIS (Comodo Internet Security) for a couple of my computers. I decided to install v4 because, well, it is a firewall/AV so it is a good idea to keep it updated.  Plus, v3 has been enormously annoying because it ignores installation modes and keeps asking me dozens of times whether to allow this or that. I'm getting Zonealarm flashbacks - inability to recall previous choices is one of the main reasons I ditched it (I used it from v 1.0, for about 8 years).

The auto-update fails after a few seconds. So I went to download it manually - without even a link, which would be a nice touch when the auto-update failed. The install was a bit annoying and needed two reboots.

After the second reboot, the program installed. Well, sort of as their interface simply wouldn't start. It also proceeded to sandbox a bunch of my programs in a way that they wouldn't work.

The whole sandbox idea is pretty good, and has been done for years on other programs. Of course, many virus are capable of escaping those sandbox systems, which is why they aren't that popular.

So, after a reboot I've turned the sandbox settings down and everything seems to be ok. 3 reboots for a simple install is a bit too much, though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review