Shareware Heroes - Book Review

Shareware Heroes, by Richard Moss, covers what was called shareware for many years, specially on the games area.

I found out about the book because one of the game authors interviewed (Thomas Warfield) is a friend on FB. I used to be an ASP member for many years (not a game developer, though, and I still sell my "shareware" today), and I talked to him there, as well as several others that appear in the book.

I also used BBSs and the web in the 90s, so this was a very interesting trip down the memory lane for me. Lots of details about products I used, and how they happened.

I agree in part with the author's conclusion - in a way, the core of shareware (free games where you pay for extra content) certainly has a big part of the market today. But of course, the "share" part is now meaningless, since it is trivial to download anything you want in minutes (if not seconds).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review