Warstone TD - PC Game Review

Warstone TD - as the name already points out, is a Tower Defense game.

To be honest, I am not sure if I like it or not. Graphics and music are very nice, but on Windowed it maxes out at 2048  x 1080 - which is quite annoying in a quad HD monitor - fixed, it now supports Quad HD (2560 x 1440) and looks great in it. It cuts out almost all the lines of its bubble text. And the UI is annoying at times (for example, you have to keep scrolling on an almost screen size TD level to see all controls).

There is a lot going on, unlike most TD games. You actually have to develop your base, adding new building to get new units and capabilities. You have two different kinds of upgrades (which I consider kind of annoying). And in the actual TD part, you have the usual warriors, some upgrades, and many spells you can use.

It also has reverse TD with regular TD on certain levels (i.e. you are sending units on a path while defending another path).

On the bad side, I was able to lock myself from continuing (at some point I didn't have wood for a building I needed, and no way to get more wood. So I had to restart the game. If it wasn't on the beginning I would have given up altogether.

Overall, I can't recommend it. But if you got it on Humble Choice (or are thinking of selecting it), it might be worth checking it out.

Update: Ok, I've played it about 16h but there are super annoying things I can't get over. One is that the game has a connection to the server even in single player, and if it drops even for a second, the whole level is lost. As I am typing this, it dropped the connection to the server 25 minutes into a level (which, BTW, can't be saved). This happened 2-3 times already, but this last one I insisted and it corrected itself...

Another time, the connection dropped after I finished a couple of levels, and I lost the progress on that. Another 40 minutes.

One thing I didn't mention is that the amount of tactical options is huge. And for the skills, you can even redo the whole selection, which opens the possibility of picking builds for specific levels - for example, having different spell powers, skills that add to specific units, etc.

Update (18/Mar/2020): New release. My favorite item so far is that it support Quad HD, so it looks much, much better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review