My Time at Portia - PC Game Review

My Time at Portia is an open world game, with crafting at its core, as you are a builder who just came to Portia, an island where you inherited a workshop.

I have to say that I never would have gotten this myself, but it came in a bundle, and was so well recommended that I decided to try it.

I love it. I don't know exactly why, maybe because of the sense of progression and because there are so many choices in what to do.

Graphics are good, in a silly way, as you can see from screenshots (not mine, just in general). Even the monsters are adorable, which I find kind of offputting.

Gameplay is really where this shines. It's easily one of my favorite games in a couple of years, in terms of time spent.

Tutorials are pretty good, although I think could be better. Luckily the wikis for this game are great, because you will probably want to keep them ready for checks. It would be nice if the game UI could show those, because crafting has a lot of requirements (like tools, materials, etc) and you really have quite a lot to check before getting a new commission.

Overall, strongly recommended. Even if you never liked this type of game before.

Update (01/03/2020): I have been playing the game since the time of my review. It adds up to 106 hours. I really liked the game, even with the problems I mentioned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review