Galaxy Tab S6 - "Review"

I recently got a Galaxy Tab S6. I will not do a real review because this is a lot of work, so there are just some notes on the subject. For reference, my previous tablet was an iPad Air.

It is crazy thin, and quite a bit slippery. I imagine the cover (specially the cool keyboard cover, which isn't even that pricy) would really help there, but they didn't have it on the Samsung store I went to (and another I asked). Apparently they are a rare item, just as the tablet (which I got notified by the store, that one unit had arrived and that I had to go that day to get it). Hopefully it will be available soon.

Borders are really thin. Sometimes I will bump the screen by mistake.

Screen proportions are better for watching movies than the iPad - it is very close to a screen aspect ratio.

The double-tap on the screen to wake is nice, because you can just double-tap in the fingerprint area and then unlock it (some reviews I read complained that you need to use the power button first, which is not true to just waking the tablet up). Sometimes it will fail a bunch of times for me, though, and not recognize me. It usually works fine.

Speed and the screen are very good. So is sound, with the four speakers.

Even the apps it warns me were not made for my device all worked fine, and took the whole screen. That is a big contrast to the iPad where even some huge app (Instagram, for example) only have a phone version, which uses the screen very poorly.

The on-screen keyboard is somewhat problematic. Many times apps place their fields below it, so you have to use the floating keyboard and adjust it.

Battery is not great. They say 12 hours, but even on the medium power mode I don't think I will get anywhere near that, even without games. Some reviews said 8 hours - seems about right to me.

The pen is nice, but so far I only use it to skip/pause music and for screen grabs. Feels nice to draw with it, but I don't usually draw. It is nice that it charges so fast (40 seconds), but keeping it behind the tablet is a bad idea (too easy for it to fall). A place to actually insert it on the tablet would be nice, but that is impossible as it is thicker than the tablet.

Overall, I really like it, but the cover supply issue is pretty annoying.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review