Particle Fleet: Emergence - PC Game Review

Particle Fleet: Emergence is an off-shoot from the Creeper World tower defense series, which I loved.

So when I noticed it on Steam I immediately got it.

I have now finished the story levels about 12 hours), and I mostly liked it. What bothered the most, and which I read about in reviews before buying, is that there was a lot of stuff about each unit and game mechanic unexplained, and that you had to either guess or read about elsewhere. It could have been much, much clearer.

Also, several things were introduced per level at times, which made things more confusing.

Gameplay is a mix of tower defense with a ship RTS. So you have energy points you need to acquire to power your ships and towers, so that you can destroy the particulate - much like Creeper World.

I felt that it worked well. I really like how ships are partially destroyable, so that elements in their hull, weapons, etc can be destroyed by particulate one by one.

Graphics and sounds are OK, and to me they worked well with the theme.

Overall, entertaining but a little too complicated/poorly explained, to the point that I think it could have been much better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review