Rage - PC Game Review

Rage is a very impressive looking FPS. It is from id, which traditionally have made great engines, but since Doom their games have a tendency to have bad problems. Unfortunately, Rage is no exception.

I understand that with previous versions of video drivers it was even worse (which is why I just started playing now - I bought it on pre-release, but the reported problems were so severe I ended up waiting and then forgetting about it), but I still get horrible stuttering problems (game freezes for a full second or more for no apparent reason).

Too bad, because it seems pretty nice otherwise. The intro looked great and had great music, and the game looks great. The characters (while with some small distortions) are the most realistic looking I have seen.

The gameplay seems good, although I find the keyboard only driving to be a little weird. It is better than the mouse look systems where forward/reverse flip depending on where you are looking, though.

The Doom bobblehead was a pretty cool reference.

I'll update this as I play more.

PS: If you are wondering if it is worth buying, please note the Metacritic User score - 4.5. The review score is 7.9, but I imagine that the reviewers can just try it on another computer if it decides to glitch on your.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review