A Valley without Wind - PC Game Review

  A Valley without Wind is an old school 2D platformer, with complex procedural worlds being generated as you go.

  One of the most clever little aspects of the game is the wooden platforms. You can get bunches of these throughout the world, and you can just put them anywhere you right-click on. I imagine this solves a major problem with generated worlds - places that happen to be impossible to reach. This makes it easy.

You have a few spells as you begin, but you can get more as you go on, using supplies that you get on the away. There are also minor RPG aspects (better health, attack, etc).

Graphics are OK, but definitely on an old-school tendency. The same applies to the music, which tends to be very annoying after a while.

This game is unusual enough that I'm not sure if I liked it or not. It is interesting, and I'm pretty sure I didn't grasp more than a fraction of some of the complex areas, but it is quite repetitive to me.

Of course, I'm not a fan of platformers normally, so I'd recommend that if you are, you should check the demo out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review