XBox 360 and Kinect

I just got a XBox 360 with Kinect. It is my first videogame console since 88, when I sold my Intellivision (to buy more computer hardware, of course).

I have been playing all that long, but only on the PC. What changed my mind was Kinect (and a friend who just got one talking a lot about it).

You see, I'm pretty happy with the keyboard and mouse. And I've always felt that console games were, in sometimes subtle ways, less complex and interesting than PC games.

The games I've played so far didn't change my mind in that aspect. Kinect Adventures or Sports, with a regular controller, would be generic and silly.

But with Kinect, they are quite cool. I enjoyed pretty much every game on Kinect Adventures, and got a serious workout - even though I go to the gym three times a week and still do light exercise on most of the other days.

That is, of course, something that I can't say for any other game I've every played.

So, how good is the tracking? It is just OK. I'm using it on the TV room, and I barely got the 1.9 m (the minimum for single player is 1.80m). It is still pretty playable.

I was also impressed with the looks and ease of use of the XBox. The hardware looks great and is pretty small, the controller looks and feels great (not that I've really used it yet), and the whole thing only took a few minutes to set up. An HDMI cable would have been nice, but fortunately I had a spare.

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, but I only played for a little more than an hour so far, and I didn't set XBOX Live yet - I want to switch my old router for a new one.

I'll update as I play more.


What I got was local version of this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review