Mission of Honor - Book Review

Mission of Honor, by David Webber is the latest book in the Honor Harrington series. I'm a fan of the series and have read all the books, including the ones with short stories from other authors - some of which were surprisingly good.

Mission of Honor follows the disastrous altercation with the SLN which ended with an overwhelming victory for Manticore. Meanwhile, the Mesan Alignment has a little surprise for Manticore...

Eventually Cachat and Zilwicki, the super secret agents emerge after their Green Pines adventure from a previous book (ok, I am too lazy to look them up, even though I blogged about them). And thus comes a long revelation about the Mesan goals, that were never properly explained before.

The relationship with Haven changes by the end of the book, in a mildly surprising way, that nevertheless shows where the next story arc of the series is going. It's looking pretty good.

As always, recommended. The book does feel to have large segments cutting into the action, but it's Webber's style, and if you got this far into the series, you probably either like it or learned to put up with it for the good parts.

I also recommend getting it from Webscriptions , which I always do. It's also pretty cheap in their monthly packs  - on my last purchase, I got an average of US$2 per book. Of course, that depends on the rest of the books in each pack looking good to you. Personally, I've been surprised again and again by titles that I didn't expect to like being great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review