Games for Windows Live and Phishing - made for each other?

I've just started playing Resident Evil 5. When I start, I get bothered by Games for Windows that I need an account to save my games. Ok, I decide to make an online account and get it over with.

It then proceeds to send me to a IE page (Chrome is my default browser, but it's not like they care). They open a windows without the regular address bar, so I can't tell WHERE I was sent. And then they ask for my Windows Live login.

I can only imagine that they love phishing. I mean, how long is it going to take till some hacker makes a game that pretends to be Games for Windows Live and steal my Windows Live ID  - and have access to e-mail (not mine, I surely don't use Hotmail) and a ton of other attached services?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review