The Fuller Memorandum - Review

I've just finished The Fuller Memorandum - by Charles Stross.

I'm a big fan of Stross, and I've enjoyed many of his series and short stories. This book is the latest in the Laundry Files series. The Laundry Files were described as a mix of Lovecraft horror and spy series. I guess it also has a little geek mixed in - magic works on large form by computation, which is a large part of how things work in the Laundry's universe.

When I first heard about the book, I decided to download a sample for my Kindle for PC software on my notebook (I don't have a Kindle - there were iPad rumors when the international version was released, and I'm waiting for the Android/Linux/Windows 7 pads to be available to be able to decide what's best).

After reading the sample, I was hooked and immediately bought the Kindle version - my first purchase at Amazon in about 7 years  (there was a time when I bought 30-40 books a year from them, but them I started switching to e-books).

I've certainly not regretted my decision. The story is pretty good, and it moves along nicely to a very exciting conclusion.

Very much recommended, even if you didn't read any other Laundry books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review