Software Promotions Adwords Webinar

Yesterday, I watched a very interesting seminar about Adwords by Dave Collins, of the recently renamed Software Promotions (it used to be Shareware Promotions, but unfortunately, the shareware name has fallen into very hard times).

Several ideas were interesting, these were my favorites:
- run a Search Query Report. Google sees Broad matches a little too broadly for most people. My campaigns are tiny, but still I found a dozen or so clicks of meaningless terms, which I added to the negative word list in my campaign.

- Geographic Performance Report - useful for figuring out which countries are working best for all. He mentioned one should probably use a pivot table - after checking the report out, he is completely right, otherwise it is too much data to be useful.

- Content Network: using competitor's product names to piggyback in their promotion.

- Segmenting campaigns per country can get you cheaper clicks. I've started a tryout of this for UK/Canada as opposed to the USA.

- Landing pages are important: this is a point that everybody should know by now. Personally, I have know it for years, but still didn't get around to improving mine. I'd like to do it dynamically so as to not upset my Adwords scores, but I've been avoiding to do so since they are generated automatically from XML/XSL files, so reacting to my Adwords links (i.e.: mypage.asp?source=goSomething) gets a bit more involved. Maybe I will get around to it this time :-).

There were many other points, but these were my favorites. Very much worth the short time (45 minutes).

Comments

Mark said…
You make some very good points webinar software. Segmenting campaigns can help. Several people are looking for the next best chance to find a best way to react with adwords.

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review