CEUTIL.DLL not found

I've recently had an annoying problem with Winamp. Everytime I run it, and also on every wake-up from an hibernate, I'd get a message about how CEUTIL.DLL couldn't be loaded.

While it did run fine afterwards, that was still annoying. Looking at the Winamp forums, it seems like it's caused by a confluence of the Plays for Sure plug-in, WMP 11 and ActiveSync.

I didn't like their suggestions much - installing ActiveSync (which I didn't like already when I needed it for my only CE device, a VERY troublesome iPaq) or uninstall WMP 11 and runtime.

I tried uninstalling the pmp_p4s.dll plugin. That didn't work, but just going to Winamp's plugin folder and deleting it solved the problem.

Comments

Analog said…
Sweet! Thanks. This has been bugging me for quite a while now. Finally figured someone must have figured out to fix this without installing more MS bloat! Worked great!
kriswob said…
Terima Kasih Banyak, now I can uninstall ActiveSync

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review