The Shining - Book Review

 I recently viewed The Shining (the movie), so that I could see Dr. Sleep (also the movie).

I liked Dr.Sleep, but felt that while the atmosphere, photography and acting in The Shining were great, the story itself was barely OK.

So I decided to read the book (maybe again - if I read it before it was on the early 90s and I don't recall it), and it was not at all surprising that it was much, much better.

As usual per King, it is more verbose and longer than would be necessary, but it works well. Halloran has a much better story, and the ending felt a lot better too.

Overall, strongly recommended for horror fans. 

I have now started reading Dr. Sleep (which I actually bought around release, then forgot completely), and so far it is pretty good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review