Player of Games - Book Review

Some people recently suggested that I should check out the Culture series. Looking online, it was frequently suggested that I start with Player of Games,  by Iain M. Banks.

I'm glad I took that suggestion. The book is very good, and full of interesting tech and ideas. The twists in the end were pretty good too.

Barely shows its age, which is pretty impressive for a 1988 SF book.

One thing that probably helps is that a lot of the tech is understated, and not even described until it is used.

Very much worth reading, and I will definitely be reading more of the Culture series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review