Cross-platform templates missing in Visual Studio 2017

I recently had a problem where cross-platform templates were missing in Visual Studio 2017. Everything that should have been installed with Xamarin was not.

This was solved simply by noticing that Bonjour had trouble installing. From the error log I imagined it was just it, and since I didn't plan to use the iOS part it wouldn't make a difference.

This was pretty easy to fix - I just started the Bonjour service, and set it to automatic. Then I un-installed Xamarin in the Visual Studio Installer, and installed it again. This time all templates are in place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review