The Iron Tactician - Book Review

The Iron Tactician, by Alastair Reynolds, is another SF novella with Merlin, which I have previously seen in Merlin's Gun.

Merlin encounters a frozen swallowship, goes to investigate and finds a lone survivor. From her, he learns that he might get something he needs at another system, and gets in the middle of a war.

The supposed big surprise is the Iron Tactician and its nature. Of course, if I had not seen this elsewhere (I particularly remember a few Anne Mccaffrey novels, but I won't specify which to avoid spoilers), it might be surprising. As it was, I saw the twist coming a lot early.

Still worth checking out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review