Shadow of the Giant - Book Review

Shadow of the Giant,  by Orson Scott Card, is the fourth book in the Ender's Shadow series - a parallel series to the Ender Series.

I do realize it is pretty old, but after I started buying most of my books as e-books (mostly to read on my  new Palm IIIe), I started stalling purchases when books came only in physical form. Soon enough I had enough to read as e-books that I almost never bought physical books anymore.

That is why I have all other books in the series in hardcover, and yet am only reading this now, when I realized it was available in Kindle format.

As the book starts, Bean is bigger than ever and starting to feel the effects that will kill him eventually, and he and Petra are looking for their babies and for the doctor who stole them. Peter is trying to join all Earth in peace, while China, India, the Muslim and many other countries are at war - mostly because of the ambition driven by having battle school graduates.

Eventually, everything is resolved very well, with a very touching ending, including the Peter part of his ansible conversations with Ender.

This would be a satisfying finish for the series (even if I am sorry to see it go), but it continues on Shadows In Flight - which has very poor reviews and a weird abridged version with extras.

Recommended for fans of the series. If you are not, and like SF, you might want to read the excellent Ender's Shadow or Ender's game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review